Pages

Saturday 17 December 2016

Appreciate Life

I was struggling to think of what to do my next blog post on and I had an idea but it may be a bit jumbled as I know what I want to say but it's hard trying to put it all into words, basically I just want to get a message across to appreciate all that you have and be grateful as you never know when things may change, I'm not going to lie before being diagnosed I probably didn't appreciate as much as I should've, and now things have changed for me I realise how important it is to be appreciative as you never know what's going to happen and things may change when you least expect it, So appreciate everything even the smallest and simplest things, things that I miss may seem so small and simple to a lot of people but they actually aren't, I miss being able to cut my food up by myself, obviously I can still eat my food as I thankfully still have the use of my right hand(and I guess it's a good thing that I was right handed anyway) you may take something as simple and little as cutting up your dinner for granted but it's actually not a little thing. I miss being able to walk my dogs, something that many people do every day and don't think twice about. So I'm trying to encourage people to just think now about what you have and how you are grateful for it because trust me if things changed for you which they could at any point you would get a  huge shock. Another thing that annoys me is complaining, I do complain but I try not to as I just think there's no point, I have to accept what's happened and just get on with it, I could complain constantly about the fact that I can't walk but I don't. When I hear people complaining now especially about trivial things I cant help but get annoyed, as you waste your breath on complaining there's someone out there fighting for their breath and there is another person out there taking their last breath, Yes everybody has ups and downs but that's life- just appreciate what you have in the here and now as you don't know what's around the corner and there are many people out there who would do anything to have what some people have, so the message of this is just to try and show people how important it is to be appreciative and grateful of what you have.   


"life is a gift, never take it for granted" 

No comments:

Post a Comment